they marred my baby, help please`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: they marred my baby, help please`

The way it sounds is that it's your fault as much as the guys. Definately your fault for leaving it there, however the way it sounds is that he didn't just play it or there wasn't just an accident, but it sounds like he abused it. Especially if you found it on the floor covered in dust. If that's the case the guy very well should pay for it as it isn't just a case of carelessness and an accident happening, but someone damaging and disrespecting your property.

Comment

Yeah, what he said

Comment

Originally posted by Exalon:
        someone should pay. i.e. the guy that obviously didn't treat it anything like it should have been.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that person is you. all you had to do was put it in the case.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Dude, the situation sucks for sure, but I've tech'd for several bands and have appeared at practices in secure practice spots with the people that I'm teching for. Never have I ever seen someone leave a guitar or bass in a practice spot unless it was a total pile of steamy dung to begin with. Amps, cabinets, racks, drums; yeah, but guitars have always gone in the cases and back in the guitarists car to go back home with him. It goes double if not quadruple when they're borrowing any of my axes for a gig or practice.

Although with that said, someone abusing your gear is wrong, but it's also wrong to abandon it and not accept any blame.

Your first mistake in regards to your secure practice spot... Assuming that it is truly secure. They never are man... they never are...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, on the brighter side of this, you can be thankful you still have your "baby", even if it is screwed. We had a member (I can't remember his name) who had his "secure" practice spot broken into and guitars stolen.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Exalon:
              someone should pay. i.e. the guy that obviously didn't treat it anything like it should have been.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that person is you. all you had to do was put it in the case.

sully
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you talk like i left it out in the rain. that's retarded, dude. you can't say that leaving my axe on a stand (for what i thought was going to be a day or so) is like me screwing it up.

you may not be a moron but ya sure do play the part well.

Comment

Hey Exelon

You may really, really want to chill out dude with how you address some of the people on this board. I don't really think you would like for the Admins to get personal with YOU and place all sorts of mean stuff on your avatar/profile (recent examples: penis nuzzler, ball sniffer...er... you get the point )

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Regardless of the issue should somebody have fucked with your guitar or not, YOU LEFT IT YOU DUMBASS

Quit whining about it, blaming other people, and generally being an asshole. You should NEVER leave your guitars anyplace that you aren't 100% certain that they will not be molested in your absence.

It was a very harsh lesson, but a lesson well learned.

Comment

That receipient of gear removal was me, and the only reason they didn't get my #1 guitar was because it never left my side.
                  They did however get all my other guitars (4), my 2 Marshall heads and 4 cabs, my other guitar players 3 guitars, his 2 Marshall heads and 4 cabinets, the bassists 3 basses, rack, and 2 SVT cabs, the drum kit, riser, the practice PA, all mics, stands, milk crates of cables...absolutely everything that goes along with being in a hard working band including the couch in the room.

This room was individually secured on the second floor of a wharehouse that was in itself secure. The thieves smashed their way through two heavy wooden doors. The knew what they wanted and were very persistant. That was the end of that band and our individual musical endeavors for a while. There was no insurance. The gear was never seen again.

The second time I was ripped off was because I dropped my guard while loading out of a club. Two brand new BC Rich Gunslingers vanished in about ten seconds.

I am a fanatic about security now.

Comment

Exalon, face it.You fucked up. You trusted them. My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd listen to him if I were you, he's pre-med...
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I thought he was pre law?

Comment

what's the difference?
                          Scott

Comment

Hell I wouldn't trust my guitar on a stand for more than a minute if it was unattended.

Stands are not storage devices, they just hold the guitar a bit more securely than leaning it on an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalon:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Exalon:

sully
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you talk like i left it out in the rain. that's retarded, dude. you can't say that leaving my axe on a stand (for what i thought was going to be a day or so) is like me screwing it up.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">listen b!tch, all you are doing is pointing fingers at your friend/bandmate, and looking to us for sympathy, which clearly isn't coming.

if your precious RRfucking5 is so important to you, yes, i (along with many others who probably have been doing this a lot longer than you have) would think that when you're done, you'd put it in the case.

i learned the hard way when i was 16; i left my stuff at my singer's house for 3 weeks....it got sold to a pawn shop. we used to practice a lot, and like you, i thought that it would be okay to leave my stuff there. learning experience.

fact remains that you are the most responsible person. and like others have mentioned, i'd watch your mouth. and i'll end with this bit of irony: i can fix the finish for you, and was going to tell you as much when i first saw the thread.

sully

[ December 08, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OOH, that's gonna leave a mark... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X